Narrowing the 'History Mystery' - Dad's '26 TT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Narrowing the 'History Mystery' - Dad's '26 TT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 09:53 pm:

Dad had bought the truck in 1942, and I do not know it's previous history. It looks like Burger's TT, just not as nice.... Yet.

Henry in Modesto identified "April 26th, 1927" for dating the engine #14915735, but everything I had seen title-wise said "1926". The rectangular dash pod suggested to me it was an "early 1926" production.

Thanks to suggestions of Forum contributors, I've now found the frame #13588901 stamped on top of the passenger side frame rail. If I am correct, that puts it as "April, 1926" and does get me close.

So, the tales Dad shared told of it having a '25 engine was incorrect, but the original engine had been replaced before he got it. The frame stamp indicates the truck is indeed a '26 as the old title stated.

The question I'm asking further is: What available reference provides the actual assembly or "date of birth"?? A publication? On-line?

Thanks, again!
Always learning, Marv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 06:20 pm:

Marv -- The frame number and the original engine's number would have been the same. The engine with the number you cited (13588901) was assembled on April 26, 1926, and would have been put into the vehicle within a few days of that date. The engine assembly date comes from Bruce McCalleys big book, the actual vehicle assembly date is unknown.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 06:22 pm:

It's ironic that the engine in the truck was assembled on exactly the same date, just one year later. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 11:42 pm:

Thanks, Mike. Henry in Modesto had also identified those two dates - Exactly one year apart, and by itself a surprising coincidence! Sure do wish though that I'd asked Dad more of what he knew about the truck's previous history.... Believe he'd mentioned having bought direct, and not through a dealer.
Any ideas how to research further?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration