Just joined the TT bunch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Just joined the TT bunch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RalphS in NE Oregon on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 12:37 am:

A couple of weeks ago I hauled home a 1925 TT closed cab truck from the estate of an old friend who passed away last year. Hadn't been run for at least 15 years since he got it.
tt2
tt3
tt4
tt5
The truck seems to be fairly unmolested and has a Lincoln driveline transmission and Ruckstell rearend.
Engine #12,229,5xx which would make it an August 5, 1925 build date. It does not have the wide pedals and hogshead reinforcing bolts typical of the improved engines, but it was built 3 production days after the last old style engine was built, according to Bruce's bible.
The Ruckstell number is 529,766 which would be age appropriate since Glen Chaffin's research says over 630,000 were built. Anyone else have a truck in this serial number range that does not have the improved engine features?
Got it running last Sunday after a week of fiddling. It does have a modern front mount distributor on it.
It sure is loud (no muffler yet) and slow! And fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RalphS in NE Oregon on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 12:48 am:

Sorry about the multiple posts with this. Had a friend up to show me how to resize pictures to post and I guess a couple tries got sent without my knowing it.
Ralph

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jamie Neilson on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 01:21 am:

Nobody will ever complain about too many pictures....really nice TT.....keep us up to date!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 06:57 am:

Cool truck - thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 07:25 am:

Nice find. Looks pretty complete. Drive the wheels off it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 07:27 am:

Nice truck, the only thing people will say about the quantity of picture's here is MORE and if something is unmolested then more detail shots are a great thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 08:54 am:

That's a nice-looking cab! Congratulations! Please keep us posted on your progress.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 09:12 am:

Very nice truck. I've heard of Lincoln driveline transmissions but don't know anything about them. What do they provide? Under/direct/over/reverse?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RalphS in NE Oregon on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 10:52 am:

Henry, I don't know anything about the Lincoln either. Hoping someone will respond that knows about them. Took the lid off to see what was going on inside and found a couple of badly chewed gears. Seems to have an H shift pattern without the lower left position. I can find the three corners and what logically seems to be a neutral position, but only one will engage. So I seem to have three neutrals and one go position! Not a great situation.
Ralph

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 11:14 am:

Welcome to the TT funlovers bunch Ralph. Only two cautions for you: Those accessory inline trannys tend to build high anxiety when in neutral - you've got no service brakes. And two: Even in an accy overdrive you won't be able to keep up with performance Model Ts so don't even try. There's a two time MTFCA national president in the state just north of you that blew up 2 rebuilt engines trying to keep up on tours.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration