New help identifying top bows

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: New help identifying top bows
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J. Ryan Snellen on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 10:25 am:

Anyone know the model specs for what i have here? I have three separate bows pictured. Will be looking for the missing/matching parts to make a complete set.

(Message edited by csnailnrun on July 06, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 10:54 am:

Very last photo looks like 1913-14 or 1915-17 roadster.

(Message edited by Erik_johnson on July 06, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J. Ryan Snellen on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 11:52 am:

Photo's 3 & 5 are of the same bow.
Thanks Erick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 12:16 pm:

Top bow 23-25 touring. Where it attaches to body iron is straight. This is curved on 26=27. Invite comment as I haven't had a 25 in 30years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 12:21 pm:

Tourings have 4 bows, Runabouts have 3.
Top picture is 1923-25 Runabout. Warren is correct about the curve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 02:14 pm:

Pictures 2 and 4 appear to be the same socket, left front 1923-27 touring.
Last picture, a more overall view would be helpful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 03:11 pm:

Layden, are you sure that the first picture is not a touring top missing an iron? The first bow on a roadster is separate from the stack?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J. Ryan Snellen on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 06:25 pm:

Pictures 2/4 obviously the same. I can upload a picture of the bows it came off of if that helps ID it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

Warren,
I plead temporary insanity or elder moment.
Runabout tops do not have expanding metal straps.

From MTFCA forum, first 3 are 1923-25 last is 1926-27:

a

b

c

d

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J. Ryan Snellen on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 02:22 pm:

Here is another view of the one top bow still in question. The above original photo 3 & 5 are of the same bow. Any identification?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By LEONARD WILSON on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 09:38 am:

the top photo is model A roadster 1928-29 i think

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration