Lang's rough cast machined intake

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Lang's rough cast machined intake
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 11:55 am:

I decided to try and see how the intake manifold Lang's sells actually was so I ordered one. After a bit of sanding and polishing on just half you can see how nicely it will clean up. It appears that it would fit very nicely with the dual exhaust manifold although I will be welding up headers instead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 01:15 pm:

The Polish - I mean polished version looks great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 07:17 pm:

With better attention during the casting process you can get a way better finish than that garbage. Proper degassing and drossing would be a good start. That just looks like plain lazy work to me.

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 07:24 pm:

That's one nice looking Zenith carburetor!

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 07:57 pm:

I no nothing about aftermarket intakes. What is the benefit of this one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 09:08 pm:

Over the years I have encountered thousands of sand castings. The one shown looks pretty good to me Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 09:19 pm:

Vroom, Vroom, Steve! The engine says to us "I can BREATHE!" IF the exhaust will let it... :-)
I had a really cobbled together header on my Crappy 24 early on. Pretty good performance for a plum wore out engine.
When I put the correct exhaust manifold on it, it just went lame. Even with a 2-1/2" pipe out the back.
Sounds great but he's more lame.

Chad, that looks wonderful!

(Message edited by Duey_C on July 06, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 09:45 pm:

Yes, as a rough casting it's spot-on.

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 10:47 pm:

The interior isn't nearly as bad as the exterior was. I had no idea how the intake was when I bought it and thought I would share what I found out. As for the exhaust Im going to run 1.5" header tubes that do a 90 up then another 90 back to horizontal, at least thats the plan then into a 3 or 4 inch collector. She should breath well enough

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration