Is this a re-pop?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Is this a re-pop?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 04:18 pm:

Bought a bunch of Model T parts yesterday and this sign was in the pile. I was wondering if it is a reproduction sign? It isn't porcelain for sure, but it's a little heavier than signs I have seen like that. The size is 16 1/2 inches X 22 inches. The seller told me that it had hung in his dad's barn for several years. No big deal, just curious. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 04:20 pm:

Definitely reproduction. Ford script is all wrong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 04:43 pm:

Thanks. That's what I thought too, just wanted to make sure. Appreciate the help Jerry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 05:18 pm:

There's a certain amusing irony to a counterfeit sign for genuine parts...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 07:23 pm:

Well at least it's kinda old lookin!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 08:05 pm:

Looks old though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 08:20 pm:

The signs that is a copy of were first used in the model A era. I don't know how long Ford used them, but I think for quite awhile into the V8 era. I suspect they may have been used later than I think they did. But, since I never really studied the V8 era, I really wouldn't know.
I do know that I saw repros of those, similar to that, for sale in the mid '60s. In those days, original signs were not hard to get. However, as decorations, a lot of people bought the repros. Many of those now have been hanging on the side of barns, garages, and fences, longer than the originals had when I was getting into the hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 08:42 pm:

That type sign my dad got in the 30's when he had a independent shop I wish I could remember what he told me I know it was furnished by ford

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration