Help me identify this bed! (Round TWO!) :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Help me identify this bed! (Round TWO!) :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Fowler on Friday, July 07, 2017 - 12:28 pm:

Okay, think I am finally able to add more pics of my new-to-me-trailer.

Any help identifying it would be very much appreciated. I *think* it's an old Ford bed, but there are no markings or imprints that I see off hand.

Thanks fellas!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Fowler on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 02:10 pm:

Anybody??

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 03:28 pm:

Ford had beds 1932-1947, 1948-1950, late 50-72. If it is not pre 1932 then I would guess the 48-50 group minus the tail gate and lack of extra holes for the large fenders. Even the the sides don't look embossed. Late 1950 begins flat sides but also ends the curvy corner posts. Sorry, can't tell from small pics.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 03:41 pm:

Dodge had flat sides and curvy corner posts at the same time. Check for a match with Dodge in the 30's and 40's.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Fowler on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 05:35 pm:

Thanks Vern, will start looking that direction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Stahl on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 06:47 pm:

Could it be a Jeep/Willys trailer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 01:10 am:

If it has an opening tailgate [as it appears to have] it is not a "jeep"[Bantam} trailer as they were made to float / hold water.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 05:27 am:

This trailer box has been made with various parts from other truck beds. The side panels have pocket holes rough cut . Long side panels cut down to length could result in this. The tailgate is not what a pickup truck would have and the fenders are not large enough to be early '50's Dodge. I believe a homemade trailer from 2 cut down side panels, tailgate made from pieces and trailer fenders. The frame and axle not original to this box. My 2 cents worth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Fowler on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 12:13 pm:

Thanks for the input gentlemen.

Have a great day out there.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration