Tail Light Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Tail Light Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Friday, July 07, 2017 - 05:22 pm:

Bought this tail light body this morning in an antique shop south of Toronto. It's not the typical design. The mounting bolt is on the back and the large red lens is facing the rear of the car as usual .. but the small clear lens for illuminating the license plate is on the opposite side than the typical lamp. It's on the drivers side. Anyone know why? Canadian variant?

Tail lamp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Friday, July 07, 2017 - 06:54 pm:

Any ideas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, July 07, 2017 - 07:01 pm:

Maybe it's for a right had drive car. Do they have the taillight on the right side also?

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, July 07, 2017 - 07:14 pm:

Just like our RHD car lights. You have the makings of a matching pair for a LHD car.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Friday, July 07, 2017 - 09:15 pm:

Allan,

So, you use a pair of tail lights instead of one? I'm assuming that you also have a special right side bracket for this as well. I have never seen a right side tail light. Anyone need this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill Crosby Webster, NY on Friday, July 07, 2017 - 09:24 pm:

Mark,

Yes. How Much?

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Friday, July 07, 2017 - 10:02 pm:

$25 or trade

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, July 07, 2017 - 11:33 pm:

Mark, I try to set up tail lights in pairs on all my T's. They get a brake light too. Can't have too much light at the rear.
I bought half a dozen left hand electric tail light bodies at Chickasha in 2010 for this purpose.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration