T in an Antique Shop

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: T in an Antique Shop
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Friday, July 07, 2017 - 10:12 pm:

Saw this coupe in an antique shop in Ballston Spa, New York last week. Was complete and had extra parts. Owner said he wanted to keep it, but it was clear he had no plans to get it running.

Coupe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, July 07, 2017 - 10:38 pm:

I like it.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, July 07, 2017 - 10:47 pm:

I like seeing T's in the wild like this. Got to admit that I only walk through antique shops to find parts for the same reason. Never know what you'll find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 04:42 am:

It bugs the crap out of me when people put things in an antique shop "for display only". I'm in an antique shop because I want to BUY.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 07:38 am:

Mark - I know the guy who owns the shop. In fact, I bought my AA from him a little over a year ago. He showed me the coupe when I went up there to pick up the AA. Preservation wise, the coupe is in a better place in that shop right now than where she was stored when I saw her.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 07:55 am:

You guys are in my backyard and don't even say hi when you visit. I see how you are.

Ron, was it for sale when you seen it? It looks a little rough, but maybe some new wheels, a rear axle rebuild and a little work and it'd make a nice driver for someone. I'd rather see it out on the road that stored away in that shop forever---not that I have to much room to talk on that subject.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 08:21 am:

Before and after of the AA I bought from him (she's about 95% complete right now - just a few more touches). Took the better part of a year in refurbishing. She was used as a log skidder in upstate NY for almost 40 years and then sat in the woods for another 8 (when the antique dealer owned her - that's where I pulled her out of and the T coupe was in a garage on the same property).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 08:29 am:

Chad - when I saw it, the hood and radiator were off and I recall the head having been off as well. It was sitting in a garage that had seen better days. He is the 3rd owner (owner 2 was going to restore it I think - which is why parts had been removed) and has owned it for probably 20-30 years. The car is incredibly original and well preserved.

I tried buying it on the spot, but the current owner had no interest in selling. Believe me, it is better off in that antique shop than that garage.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration