Model T wooden wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T wooden wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pablo Santos on Friday, July 07, 2017 - 11:20 pm:

How true are 26 Model T wooden wheels supposed to run?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, July 07, 2017 - 11:26 pm:

Pablo, I seem to re-call a post indication the factory accepted 1/4" run out. Sometimes judicious fitting and tightening the lugs on the rims can minimise this somewhat. Put a brick on the ground and spin the wheel to check if the runout is at the felloe on the wheel, at the rim or is it the tyre itself.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pablo Santos on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 08:36 am:

Wow that's a lot lol. Thanks for the help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 02:57 pm:

Which way is your runout, radially will cause a bad bounce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pablo Santos on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 11:17 pm:

I'm going to make a adapter for my static balancer and check them all.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration