Nikon D3300 digital camera

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Nikon D3300 digital camera
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 03:43 am:

I just received a Nikon D3300 digital camera which takes great HD pictures, but I can't seem to find how to set the camera so that it takes lower resolution photos that the forum will accept.

I set it on the lowest image quality setting of "JPEG Basic" and the smallest image size, but the photos are still to high in resolution for the MTFCA forum.

I keep it on Auto, but if I were to set it on manual, what would be a good setting that would lower the quality of the photos enough to be accepted by the forum?

Can anyone help? I'm hoping maybe there is a low resolution setting I have not discovered yet. Thank you. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Purgert on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 06:04 am:

Jim,

I don't believe you will be able to achieve setting file limits on your camera. Most people these days are concerned about quality, not size.

You can check this thread about some tips on resizing.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/706542.html?1483186505

Or, if you have a bunch of photos to share and don't want to resize one at a time, you can upload them to a photo website such as Imgur and share the URL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 09:54 am:

The folks that continue to confuse the forum's FILE SIZE restriction with Image Size are hopelessly lost forever. The two are not the same.

It's been explained here about five times a month for the past 20 years and every time there's 7-8 guys that will post needless photo examples and pork-up the site bandwidth and storage. Do a Google search on resizing photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 10:27 am:

You don't want to know that. If you take crappy little pictures you're stuck with them. There's no way to make them better. Take full size pictures at full resolution. When you want to post one of them on the forum, make a copy and resize THAT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Sommers on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 10:32 am:

Steve is right. The D3300 is a 24 MPx camera. Use full resolution to take the photo. Then use a software tool to edit and crop it, and then you can decrease the size to get it to the 250K limit when you save the original as a copy. I use the Nikon NX product which allows you to save the image to whatever size you need.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 10:43 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/509386.html?1421105005

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 10:41 pm:

Thank you everyone. You answered my question. Jim Patrick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration