Controller Shaft Bracket Oil Holes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Controller Shaft Bracket Oil Holes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 09:10 am:

There was a period of time when the oil holes in the frame were eliminated for the controller shaft. This topic was covered in the old judging guidelines, but it's not clear in the current issue. Not only was the oil hole eliminated in the frame, but the two controller shaft brackets had no reservoir for the felts either. I believe this was for the model year 1921-22. According to the current guidelines there is no oil hole even on a 1925, which is incorrect, in fact, I just had a friend check his original untouched 1923, and it has the oil holes! Lets get it right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 09:49 am:

The oil holes were discontinued April 1, 1921 as documented in the encyclopedia but returned some time in 1922 as seen in the discussion in this thread: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/200170.html?1301517387

Note there may be lots of overlap since three different suppliers made frames for Ford at that time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 10:05 am:

Betsy, my January 1924 cut-off touring, has the oil holes in the frame. I don't know her full history, so I can't be sure that she has her original frame. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 03:31 pm:

My late (Oct.) '26 has them. Trick is to remember them at oiling time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Grabowski on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 10:42 pm:

My 24 Fordor has them

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration