Dodge Brothers Stewart Carburetor Detroit Lubricator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Dodge Brothers Stewart Carburetor Detroit Lubricator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 05:00 pm:

Today's question; has anyone set up and run a Dodge Brothers Stewart Detroit Lubricator carburetor on their T? If so how did it run?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 08:19 pm:

Mark:
I have used the DB Detroit Lub. carbs on both model T and A Fords with great success ...a very good carb ...if the air valve moves freely and the metering rod is clean and straight , and fuel passages clean then this carb will work very well and provide excellent throttle response and power and smooth idle ...also my 1917 DB touring often got better fuel economy than model T's on tour ( same roads and same conditions )...go figure? a bigger car , more HP and more weight ...always an optimist..gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 09:34 pm:

Thank you Gene. That is the kind of info I am looking for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Manuel Voyages, ACT Australia on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 03:45 am:

Does anyone have a pic of the Dodge carby?

Manuel in Oz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 08:31 am:

Is this the one? I found this:
http://www.vintagecarpartsselection.com/thumbnail/152391448312_1.jpg

at:

http://www.vintagecarpartsselection.com/Vintage-Ford/dodge-1923.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 11:41 am:

Also, Look under "Dodge Brothers' in Ebay cars and parts. There are usually more than one listed at any one time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Manuel Voyages, ACT Australia on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 05:11 am:

Thanks Richard and Terry. Looks like they are made from 2 different metals.

Manuel in Oz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 10:13 am:

Yes two different metals, the upper is cast iron the rest is bronze/brass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Lake Oswego, OR on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 10:06 am:

Float and needle set up looks similar to Stromberg carbs from that period.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 07:42 am:

I built a replica engine for my '97 Olds and used part of that same carb as a mixer. Looks good for a static engine. A very common carb, readily available nowadays.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration