I miss Charley Shaver and Dennis Seth

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: I miss Charley Shaver and Dennis Seth
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 08:13 pm:

We have lost two Greats from the forum.
I think Charley left because he felt unappreciated and Dennis left because someone thought his humor was tasteless and inappropriate. We are poorer for their loss. There may be others. I hope they will return when they can.
We need all points of view to make this Forum great. Please be kind to contributors.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

And Seth Harbuck. And Royce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 08:44 pm:

You're a mind reader John... I was thinking the same names.

(There's an elder musician in Montana that repairs carbs and occasionally he leaves...thankfully, he has always returned - so far).

Maybe the others will, also. Hope springs eternal!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 09:41 pm:

I live close to Charley and he has forgot more about cars engines gas pumps and motorcycles than most will ever know so if Charley sez a rooster can pull a wagon just hook him up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 09:49 pm:

Well, Charlie announced he was leaving a week ago...then posted an hour later...don't know about the others, but I'll bet he'll be back. I'd put in a bunch of exclamation points on that last sentence, but will let Charlie do that when he returns.

Dennis last posted end of May

Am I missing something?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 11:03 pm:

I've noted a number of contributors who have drifted off the forum in the short time I have been visiting here. I always hope they will return, especially when their posts are informative and amusing. I've noted that Charlie seems always able to make difficult identifications, and that certainly adds to the enjoyment of the old photos. I have laughed long and hard at Dennis's jokes and banter, and learned a lot from Royce's craftsmanship and knowledge of Model T details and history. I very much hope they will all return, certainly those who found issue with their posts do not speak for us all. There is room for a broad view of things on this forum, as Rich says, it's what makes it great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 11:11 pm:

Rich

agree...

and I've also noticed a lot of new posters which is absolutely gratifying. We sometimes go a long time between bursts of new folks and it seems that we presently have a very energetic new "crop" of posters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 11:37 pm:

In the ten years I've been following the forum, I can think of only one person whose departure was a good riddance. It was long ago and most of you wouldn't recognize the name. Some left us for the worst reason (John Berch, Bruce McCalley, Ralph Ricks, Jack Daron), and some for reasons unknown (Grady Puryear and others). I hope Danial in Oregon, Charley, Dennis, and some of the other MIA's will be back. Meanwhile, it's great to have so many new folks on the scene.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Brintnall on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 10:11 am:

I am one of those guys that really likes to follow this forum. I don't contribute much but I feel you all have helped me a lot. Thank you almost daily. I miss what those being mentioned have had to say. Maybe they will be back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 10:28 am:

I've never had any problems with both Charley and Seth's posts. I believe in telling it like it is. That's why I enjoy Burgers thoughts and comments. You put your cards on the table, if someone doesn't like it, it's usually a personal problem.

Dennis's wit has had me laughing my butt off more than once. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 10:30 am:

I have heard that there is a new forum on Facebook. Maybe some of them are there. I, personally, don't use Facebook, so you won't see me there.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 01:05 pm:

There are several Model T groups on Facebook. But if I want information I come here. The FB groups lean more toward sharing pictures and videos. There are fewer well-informed and experienced old timers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 01:53 pm:

Steve, You calling me a old timer>LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 02:23 pm:

I have been here on and off since late 2005. Sometimes people just need a break. There were a couple of years at different times I wasn't even on here.

Yes there are some great losses, both permanent and some hopefully not so permanent. Time will tell, but the bottom line is one needs to make him or herself happy. If that means not being on here, I wish them the best and hope they will return soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 04:45 pm:

The last several times I have tried to look at Facebook, I couldn't even open it. The barely a DSL connection that is the best I can get where I live apparently is not adequate for all the glitz and garbage they insist on cluttering their site with.
So I guess you folks are stuck with me. At least till this site is "modernized".
Several good people I do wish would come back, just ignore the bit they don't like. Grace us with their wisdom, or their offbeat humor. Even people that no longer have a model T are still welcome! The funny thing is, just a couple days ago I was wondering about Danial in Oregon myself. I do hope he is doing well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 04:57 pm:

Danial in Oregon helped us a Lot in purchasing a Car. If anyone has his email (I lost all my contacts awhile back) tell him Don says Hi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 08:27 pm:

This is like any other hobby where folks daily lives get complicated for periods of time and they temporarily drop out until the time comes where they have the time to post back onto the forum. I have been a member since its second month of inception in the 1990's when Al Gore invented the Internet and drop out occasionally. Like many others I have downsized from 7 pre-1931 cars down to my original two, my 1919 Touring and 1931 slant windshield 4 door sedan. They are long finished to where neither one drips a single drop of oil and both run like tops so my time on this forum is a lot less now.

Like others I also have other hobbies and spend time on them also! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration