Photo - "Ran when parked..."

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Photo - "Ran when parked..."
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera in the U.P. of MI. on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 09:11 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 09:14 pm:

There is a lot of high dollar parts still lying there! block steering column, two piece drive shaft!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 09:41 pm:

I'd even take a crack at the body too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 10:38 pm:

What the heck! I've dreamed of finding one like that. Did someone just drag it out of the barn or what?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 12:49 am:

Half the Ts I have restored, I started with worse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 01:04 am:

Shoot, I started with nothing and this mess is 300 times cooler...
What on Earth happened to this poor relic?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 08:45 am:

Ditto...I don't see parts....I see a car that needs parts ADDED to it to get back on the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 09:12 am:

It's really a shame the owner of that car allowed it to get in it's current condition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 09:24 am:

It sits there because the current owner thinks he has a $20,000 antique car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 09:40 am:

My last one looked like this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 09:56 am:

"It's not for sale, I'm going to restore it one day"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 09:57 am:

1913, right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 03:54 pm:

Harold,

Yes, 1913 body - you can see the doors (and fake door) go all the way down to the bottom of the body. They are a straight line and are not rounded like the 1914 - 1925 cars. See: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/463748.html?1406109267 where Jay posted the photo of the 1913 model year touring that is shown below: (Thank you Jay!)

Compared to 1914 where the door is rounded on the bottom and does not go all the way down to the bottom of the body.

Below is a photo of Paul Mikeska's 1914 touring for comparison: (Thank yo Paul for sharing that photo).

I don't mind that folks say "it is not for sale" which is the same thing as asking way too much for the item. But I do regret someone letting them rust/rot away. That is sad to me.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Nowlin on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 05:14 pm:

That car will soon be in the road again. I know this because I bought it several years ago and the project is progressing well. The first picture is a few days after I brought it home. That is my brother driving the car around the yard. It started on magneto and ran well. Of course I had to use some spare parts I had lying around. The second photo shows what the same car looked like last month. Since then I have painted all of the body parts that are to be black.
P1P2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 05:18 pm:

In a word.....WOW

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 05:54 pm:

I remember seeing that car somewhere for sale. You have done a magnificent job on the dry build. Looks right, fits right, gonna be a really nice car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Nowlin on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 11:10 pm:

Tom, thank you. It would be much more difficult for hobbyist like me to put these old cars back together if not for the parts that you and others like you provide.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration