Driving Through The Boonies at Night

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Driving Through The Boonies at Night
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 11:25 pm:

I don't do much driving at night, but if i had this road, I just might give it a go. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jYHJlrl7NA&feature=youtu.be#t=123.703083

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 11:57 pm:

I believe I see some dimming and flickering. Loose ground?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 12:06 am:

Down under winter dusk & washboard road patches.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 12:17 am:

I have to admit i would have been more than a little concerned as a driver at the 5:25 mark when it started to run pretty poorly. But like a true T, it got its owner home. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 01:29 am:

Holy crap!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 08:33 am:

Enjoyed the ride. Thanks for sharing. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 08:37 am:

Is it just me or does it look like the passenger's headlight is maladjusted.It is hitting the ground a good 10 feet before the Driver's headlight (assuming this is a right hand drive car)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 09:18 am:

Imagine riding that path on horseback. Thanks Henry for making the model T affordable for us poor folk. By the way anyone know the cost of a 1927 touring car? Nice video I enjoyed the ride. John how did you mount your camera to get such a smooth video?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 10:05 am:

Aww heck, the real fun is after you've had your acetylene headlamps going nicely on what would be a 45 minute run at dusk turning dark only to have your tank run out of acetylene! 5 miles pitch black running is pretty exciting! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 10:12 am:

This video is grand! Thank you for sharing it.
I love nocturnal excursions in my Model T. It would be fun to make videos, alas, I do not possess the equipment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 10:15 am:

That was neat. Thx for posting

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 10:25 am:

Bill if you have as much as a smartphone, you can make good videos. They're huge files though, so often sending them on takes a little bit of work. I'm amazed how long it took for me to upload a couple of T rides to You Tube a while back. And they weren't more than two minutes long either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 10:39 am:

Notice the sky? I think that was at dusk or dawn.
I had a friend visit and one evening I asked him if he would like a ride in the T. We went about 100' and turned back. Couldn't see where we were going. I bought some repro reflectors and they are Chrome plated, not silver. The lenses are also purple from sun. They look good at daytime, but don't cast much light.

When we took a tour in El Centro last March, we attended a member's barbecue for dinner. It was dark when we returned to the motel. However, we had one modern car in the front of the pack going about 35 MPH and one in the rear with flashers. We all returned safely.

Anyway, if you are going to drive at night, be sure that you can see AND be seen.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 10:42 am:

Wes, imagine riding that road on horse back and having a screaming model T come over one of those hills! Great video John. I love driving the back roads at night. Thanks for sharing. Felt like I was riding along.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 10:44 am:

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the suggestion. I only have a dumb phone as I am not smaht enuf to have me one of them smaht fones. Thankful to have indoor plumbin' and 'lectricity. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 03:41 pm:

What kind of headlight bulbs do you use ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 04:46 pm:

Lectric lites

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration