Coupe door question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Coupe door question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Oneal Lee on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 11:55 pm:

I have a 26 Coupe with a question about the door glass bumper. I have looked thru all my books and the web for a picture with no luck. The pictures of my doors will explain why I need to know how that part looks. The first picture is the drivers door and the other the passenger door.
Neal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 12:37 am:

Did you look in the parts catalogs?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 11:15 am:

Boy did I mess up on this one. Check the Model A section in the Snyder's. The bumpers they list might work. It would just be a hard rubber bumper that is there to prevent the window from going down too far.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 11:32 am:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/9462X.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 12:07 pm:

FWIW; The 1927 body parts book; the illustration of the coupe door is not very good but shows a rest(sash) but there is no call out in the parts list. The illustration for the 2 door does not show it as a separate item and does not look to have had a bumper on it. It was just a metal support/rest. The first photo shows a screw that once held a bumper I am not sure what or how the other doors bumper was mounted. I would suggest rolling the windows down in both doors till the glass is even with the top, then check an see how much clearance between the channel and bumper then fit as need for thickness of bumper. The passenger side may not even have room.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skip Anderson, Bloomington, MN. on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 12:45 pm:

Look at Lang's catalog, part number 9462X. This looks exactly like the ones on my '26 Coupe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Oneal Lee on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 03:41 pm:

Sorry just now getting back. My explanation of what I needed wasn't plain enough. I realize how it was misleading. I was wanting to know what the brackets look like that held the bumper. Since each side was so different I was puzzled.
Neal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 04:42 pm:

Oneal
On my 25 coupe, both the brackets look like your passenger door. I am pretty sure the bumper slides into the bracket perpendicular to the door with the metal "tabs" holding the bumper in place.
That being said I had no need for the bumper as the window did not go down far enough.
Sorry, I do not have access to my coupe to take a picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Schultz_Sheboygan,WI on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 08:42 pm:

Oneal,this is what the stop looks like in my 26 coupe door.

door

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration