French Model T with special body

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: French Model T with special body
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joerg Walther - FarFarAway (Germany) on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 06:05 am:

Just found an add of a Swiss dealer for a 1923/24 Model T with a special body.
The add says that the T was built by parts at the Bordeaux plant of the French Importer Henri Deposse (since 1913) which was taken over by Ford of France in 1916. The car in the add is said to be built there 1923 with a special body.
In the rear there is a door.
The shown car is said to be restored some years ago.

Add and pictures (click on 'Fotogalerie'):
https://www.zwischengas.com/de/inserat/Ford-Model-T-1924/eb4caf9a-e78d-4438-9635-623293a20099.html

This is only a screen capture (no working link):

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 06:25 am:

Nice! I love to see special bodied Ts from around the world. Truly, the universal car.
Thank you Joerg W, for sharing this here!

By the way, I love your '15 T! July's Lang's calendar car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joerg Walther - FarFarAway (Germany) on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 07:07 am:

Thanks Wayne !
Indeed my T is a 1916 and it is just misprinted in the calender - well, never mind ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Bergmann Sydney - Australia on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 07:13 am:

FYI - Ford Model T (1924)French Ford TAs early as 1913, the French Ford importer Henri Deposse in Bordeaux founded a factory for the assembly of Ford T automobiles. In 1916, Ford France took over the factory and built the Ford T in 1927. The offered Ford T comes from this French production and was built in 1923. The Tourer body has a special feature. The stern can be open as a flap and use the trolley as a delivery truck. A restoration of the T is back years, the car has been preserved in very good condition and has a sympathetic patina. On sale, it is newly MFK tested.Vehicle basic Data

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 08:57 am:

Love that boot area!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Martin on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 08:47 pm:

In case anyone was wondering, I suspect Tom's reply was the text from the ad using one of those online translators which never do a good job of translating German to English as the construction of the grammar is very different. This type of bodywork was not uncommon in France, but it was not made by Ford in Bordeaux which only supplied the chassis. A combination of a family tourer and commercial traveller's load carrier they were sometimes called a 'camionette' as with this example bodied by Privat of Dijon. If we are lucky Olivier might see this and add more information.

'Camionette' by Privat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 07:21 am:

Chris the photo you posted reminded me of the 1924 Tarrant tourer I purchased part restored. The chassis was complete and drivable, but no work had been done on the body. When I inspected it on the way to a New Zealand holiday, the body was described as being converted into a utility. It was stored in the rafters and filled/covered with all sorts of stuff. I was prepared to sell it and use the chassis for a speedster. When I called to collect it on our way home, the seller had mounted the body on the chassis and the body was in one piece, with just the back panel cut out so stuff could be loaded in the back. It had been used by a dry cleaner as a delivery vehicle.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration