Auction Help!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Auction Help!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 12:26 pm:

Hey fellas, I need a huge favor; I purchased a 1910 Touring online from the Randy Driscoll auction this past Saturday. I don't have an enclosed trailer and was wondering if anyone out there near Grand Forks, ND would be willing to pick it up and transport it to the Metro Detroit area of Michigan. Of course, I would reimburse all your expenses and pay mileage, but I would require an enclosed trailer and one tall enough to accommodate a T with the top up. If you can help in this, I would be extremely grateful! I contacted Freighter Jim already, and unfortunately he won't be in that area for quite some time so he suggested a fellow Model T owner might be better than hiring a transport company. If you may be interested, call me at 586-651-5760. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 12:39 pm:

Congratulations Bill on your purchase! I used Rick Powell with Show Time Transport to haul my Touring car in an enclosed trailer from California to Texas. His number is 864-324-1571, give him a call and discuss that with him. He may be able to help you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

There are many freight brokers on line that will quote you a rate and then they will shop it around to the cheapest guy and they make the difference. But they have to do the leg work. Tell them what you need and the dimensions and the weight and let them find someone for you.

When I bid on auction items, I always have the freight entered into my maximum bid and fees and taxes, so there are no surprises after I win. The auctioneer may have a reference for you as well. He wants it gone as much as you want it delivered.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 03:16 pm:

I doubt Rick will be in North Dakota anytime soon,

I recommended Bill post on the forum in hopes a fellow Model T owner will help him out.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jerry knouse on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 08:33 am:

Fly out and drive it home!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 08:40 am:

...or rent a trailer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 11:20 am:

Or rent a box truck and hire a flatbed at each end of the trip to load and unload the car. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 11:28 am:

Mark just gave you the solution to one of the biggest problems in using a box truck - loading and unloading.

Another is figuring out how to tie it down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 12:17 pm:

If the top could be lowered it might help find a ride? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 01:54 pm:

Bill, looks like you got a problem and here is the way to do it. Just give up and let me haul that old thing away for you. I would get it moved and out of the way in about 24 hrs and you would not have to do a thing. I wont even charge you as long as you send me the title. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 03:36 pm:

Bob, you're a true friend!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 03:48 pm:

Any box van rental truck on a two ton or larger chassis should be about the height off the ground as a standard loading dock, and a lot of loading docks have a ramp for Tow Motors, etc. to go from dock to ground level. Check businesses in both the origin and destination locations. if one is available, usually the owner will allow access. Then you are in business. I live in Texas, and I don't have an enclosed trailer, but if you'll buy me one, titled in my name, I'll deliver your T and even buy and lay down a red carpet at the end of the ramp.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration