Engine rebuilder in Florida???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Engine rebuilder in Florida???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Bittle on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 08:56 pm:

Does anyone know of an engine rebuilder in Florida that deal with model T engines?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pablo Santos on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 11:24 pm:

My buddy Kevin in Fort Lauderdale use to do it I'll have to get a hold of him and see if he's still doing it. I know he use to do all the Babbitt stuff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Bittle on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 08:26 am:

I'm new to the Model T engine. So it's really just me preparing for a hypothetical situation of needing the work done. Im mechanically inclined. I can and have assembled many engines, just can't do the machine work or the babbits.
Many of the cars for sale say "engine turns", but don't know what your really getting into until you start them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 08:41 am:

contact one of these clubs

Model T Ford Club of Central Florida
c/o Michael Story
7469 Swallow Run
Winter Park, FL 32792

Suncoast T's
c/o Althea Conger
109 13th Ave. NE
St. Petersburg, FL 33701

Tin Lizzie Club of North Central Florida
c/o John Farr
2163 Callaway Drive
The Villages, FL 32162
Phone: 352-446-0331

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 08:51 am:

Pablo-
Does Kevin do more than stock engines? Any idea if he has a pan jig?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 09:32 am:

Kevin does great babbitt work but does not have a pan jig. He has done a number of engines for me but he does not do assembly. You have to do the final assembly and work out the pan issues. I do not know anyone in south Florida with a pan jig.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Bittle on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 10:11 am:

Thanks everyone for your input.
Pablo, let me know if Kevin still does it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 12:22 pm:

Sean, Im in Melbourne. Id be glad to help where I can. If you can bring it to me, Lets look it over before jumping into rebuilds. Might be as simple as removing a shim or two. Give me a call> 321-474-4102

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pablo Santos on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 09:53 pm:

He texted me back and here's what he said...............

"No pan jig. Of all the T guys I know even the elderly guys, not one has a pan jig. I am assuming they have a damaged pan and want to be sure it will fit correctly. Better off finding another one not damaged. Should be plenty out there. As far as making sure it is true and flat, that can be done with a good straight edge and hammers."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Bittle on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 08:16 am:

Pablo, what did he say about doing the babbit stuff?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Bittle on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 08:18 am:

Will, I sent you a PM. Not sure if you received it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Montgomery on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 08:24 am:

John; I have had 3 T engine and trannny assemblies rebuilt by Ron & BJ at Ron's Mch Shop in Cin. Oh. Now granted they are not in Fla but it is not expensive to ship on a skid and skids are free and available almost everywhere. Shipping via Fastenal is very good $$ wise. They have a pan jig and do great babbit or A conversion cnaks etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 10:35 am:

Sean, Received your PM, Feel free to let me know if you ever need help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 10:39 am:

Sean,

Where there is a Will ...

There is a Way ....

Will is a good guy ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Bittle on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 06:33 pm:

Will, thank you! It's greatly appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pablo Santos on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 11:18 pm:

He's still doing it Sean

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Bittle on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 10:47 am:

Ok thanks Pablo!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration