Old Photo - 1910 town car?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - 1910 town car?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera in the U.P. of MI. on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 11:46 pm:

Said it was taken in Tennessee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 02:04 am:

I have seen this one before. If I recall correctly, it was taken out of a large format (don't shoot me if I get a few of the camera terms wrong!) city scene photo that was on Shorpy a couple years ago. The huge amount of detail in those pictures just boggles the mind. The wide angle lens gets dozens of buildings, hundreds of windows, many cars, lots of people, all with the detail one might expect of a common camera taking a picture of one family sitting in their car. But the wide angle (don't shoot me?) distorts around the edges of the photo causing the car to appear short and wide.
As I recall, the entire photo was incredible, and I looked at the details for at least an hour.

Steve Jelf could explain the photography facts much better than anything I can say about it (he could use the right terms and know it!).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 06:24 am:

Neat photo. I WANT the car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 10:47 am:

Is that a Laundelet rather than a Town Car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 11:29 am:

Towncar

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt cwynar on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 11:35 am:

Here's the original photo that it was cut from. http://www.shorpy.com/node/9647?size=_original

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration