The Knowledge of the Ancient Ones

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: The Knowledge of the Ancient Ones
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 04:37 pm:

As others have said, there is a wealth of Model T information locked up in this and earlier years' forum threads. So much, that it may seem daunting to find older threads that address your immediate question.

Fear not! You can easily find what you are looking for by using your favorite search engine, just add "mtfca" to your search string, and dozens of earlier threads on your subject of interest will appear!

OK, in the case of "which oil should I use", thousands of earlier threads will appear. :-O

foghorn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 05:06 pm:

I have found a wealth of information by doing just that. Still some subjects I know are there elude me. Perhaps I'm not using the right oil in my Search Engine. :-)
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 05:37 pm:

Good ones! Both of you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 05:43 pm:

The key words are the key. I miss some things and have to ask. My search engine seems to have a mis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 05:50 pm:

If you are using a laptop, make sure your computer is plugged into the AC outlet "MAG" while searching. It works better than Battery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cameron Whitaker, Oklahoma City on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 10:46 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 11:43 am:

You can also put the year in the search if you know when or who's post you are looking for then advance or retard the timing as necessary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 05:06 pm:

Google keeps changing the secret handshakes (exact placement of quote, parenthesis, and other punctuation as well as order of restrictions). After fighting that sort of gamer mindset for thirty years at work, I have no tolerance to play those games any more. What used to take me right to wanted threads, now gives me literally thousands of threads that do not meet what I asked for at all. Maybe ten of the first thirty threads will be mtfca, half of those won't match the year. I might find what I am looking for after scanning through several hundred offerings that are completely wrong.
When I worked with engineering? That was what was called "designed to fail".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 03:13 am:

Wayne,

You're 100% correct. Google only gives the first 2 results from MTFCA, the rest is total, unrelated garbage!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration