Amateur to bands seeking help in Central NY

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Amateur to bands seeking help in Central NY
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 04:42 pm:

Putting out a bulletin for help. Tried and failed miserably to put new kevlar bands in the 26 coupe today. Ended up getting things stuck, had to pull the bolts off the transmission cover to lift it up some to free things up. No damage or distortion to the bands but I'm wary of trying again. If anyone is Model T savvy in New York State, near Albany I could use the help getting this straightened out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Hales on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 05:09 pm:

Hi Matthew Were the bands quick change and if so what kind i just got done with slotted style and had to pull the cover off also the tool that holdes the bands is a must. Tim hales Saginaw

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 05:27 pm:

Quick change slotted/straight type. I couldn't get the detachable ear on inside the transmission. I ended up sliding it so far to the right to slip the ear on that it jammed up the reverse band way down inside pinched against the transmission cover. Right now the transmission cover is loosened up and raised 3-4 inches high, but I couldn't pull the starter motor out which is currently being suspended/tied up level.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Hales on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 07:17 pm:

Hi Matthew I found our slotted type is a no go. Had to remove the transmission cover it just won't go with Kevlar. maybe the old type material might work but Kevlar is thicker, the button type might be better. that starter should be taken out so you don't damage the coils also when reassembly much easier. watch the gasket around the drive ring and also the felt gasket around the rear of the engine it will leak if not tight and straight.get the gasket kit for changing bands, just the transmission kit is well worth it .Tim Hales Saginaw Mi

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration