Model Ts help NEWBURY, NH celebrate OLD HOME DAY 7-08-2017

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model Ts help NEWBURY, NH celebrate OLD HOME DAY 7-08-2017
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 04:48 pm:

On behalf of club members who participated, Steve & Debbie Sanborn (tour organizers, in what I believe was a 20s touring with top up), Vinny, Pat & Jake Greco (in their 23-touring with top up), Nancy (our A member) with Mr. T Clark, club Secretary Ken & Sandy LeBlanc (1923 touring with top up), Warren & Hunter (a.k.a. my shadow) Henderson (the only members brave enough to have their, 1-man top down while touring) I want to THANK Steve and Debbie for putting on yet another great tour! We traveled over some of the most scenic back roads (paved and dirt) to be found in the State of New Hampshire on our 55-mile trip from Bow to Newbury. There we had reserved parking at the town dock and enjoyed picnic lunches while displaying our vehicles for the Old Home Day Celebration. There were many things to see and do, Steve and Debbie even arranged to have the cars washed while we ate lunch! Later we continued touring (using routes NH-103 & US 202) on the 28-mile trip to Beech Hill Farm in Hopkinton for a mandatory ice cream stop!! Ken and Sandy had over 175 total miles leaving and returning from Haverhill, Mass., Steve and Debbie, living in Newbury, NH had more miles than I did. I myself had a total of 111 miles in Taurus (my 1926 Model T touring), It goes without saying, we all enjoyed another fantastic tour with club members and wish that more of you could have been along for the ride with us.

Happy motoring,
Warren Henderson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXPethLUXRk&feature=youtu.be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 01:40 am:

Nice video Warren!
You guys rip right along!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 08:35 am:

Very nice. As I'd stated before on our posts, we've toured many of those same roads and agree, there aren't many places that are as scenic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 09:00 am:

Thank you Gary, I agree with you 1,000 percent!!!!

Happy motoring,

Warren

here's another video you may enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-xL6GwqZN8&feature=youtu.be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 09:09 am:

Nice video. Too bad the weather wasn't better. Now I see WHY the cars got a wash while you ate lunch!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 06:26 pm:

Tim, we luck out, as the only time it rained was when we were eating our picnic lunches in Newbury. The rest of the day it was just cloudy and I did the entire tour (driving part) with my top down!
I can remember, back in the early fifties, my Dad saying whenever we were on our way to Maine for his two week vacation if it was cloudy or rainy "it was a good day for traveling and the wet roads will help keep the tires cool".

Happy motoring,

Warren

This was taken just before we got started, that man was telling me "when I was a boy my granddad had one just like it", bet you never heard that before!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration