Jones 60 MPH Speedometer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Jones 60 MPH Speedometer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Stevens on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

Hi,

I have been given a brass 60 MPH JONES Speedometer and if possible I would like to fit it to my 1918 T.

The body has a mount on the rear and the face is marked 342584. PAT'D 1904 through 1908.

Looking at T parts catalogues there are different mount and drive kits but JONES is rarely mentioned.

This may be from a Harley or Indian perhaps?

Does anyone have experience in fitting this JONES to their T Ford and is it worth the exercise, how accurate are they? It appears to work when running it in a battery drill.

Thanks

Greg in Australia
info@ftrs.com.au

JONES Speedo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 06:43 pm:

Greg,

This one is on my late 1913 touring that was grandfather's. I am sure it was installed before he bought the car in the 1950's.

My swivel is missing some parts and it has not been hooked up for as long as I can remember. I have been searching for another swivel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Stevens on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 11:03 pm:

Thanks Ed,

Now I know it would not be out of place on a T Ford.

Can anyone advise on fitting and mount kits to install this JONES to a T Ford and if it were done is it "accurate" enough to be worth the effort?

Thanks Greg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 10:14 am:

That speedometer posted above is nice, but is not the one Ford used in 1915. The Jones Ford Special goes up to 50mph, and has the standard Ford mounting plate. My suggestion is to buy Russ Furstnows excellent speedometer book. You won't regret it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration