Touring Car Front Seat Support Repair

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Touring Car Front Seat Support Repair
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 06:26 pm:

While replacing the seat back upholstery on my 1916 touring car, I discovered the passenger side support for the seat lid is broken away at both ends. The two pictures show the top and side views of the support. The green arrows point to the broken ends. Is there a way to repair the support with the modest tools available in my home shop?

Top View
top view

Side View
side view

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 07:02 pm:

If you were to drill out the rivets, would it be feasible to rerivet into place as the car sits? I would want that structurally sound and would be inclined to weld or replace that part.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration