The Latest OCF News: THE MEETING

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: The Latest OCF News: THE MEETING
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs Dearborn, MI on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 09:42 pm:

Tonight was the meeting with the Henry Ford. The Model T community was well represented, by both regular forum posters and others well respected within the Model T community. You could tell the Henry Ford management recognized they made a big mistake and are now doing everything they can to get the Motor Muster and Old Car Festival back. Patricia Mooradian President of THF and John Neilsen Vice President of Venues were in attendance with members of their management team and staff. They truly seemed like they recognized their mistake and want to make amends. They have formed committees to address programming, parking, and communication.

They are hopeful to have 600 cars for OCF this year and are trying to do everything they can to accommodate everyone's needs. Below are some of the items mentioned:
-Registration:Is open until July 31st and there is no fee for 2017. Those that already have paid will have their funds returned. CVENT is not an outsourced company, but rather software being used by the existing Henry Ford team to move away from paper forms.
-Parking:They are working to accommodate trailers and motorhomes. They do not have this solved yet, but are committed to find a solution.
-Friday mixer:They are looking to h ave a mixer Friday night so that owners and families can get together prior to the weekend's events.
-Gaslight parade:They still intend to have the parade.
-Traffic within the village:They plan to allow open driving routes, but need to insure everyone's safety and are looking for ways to accomplish this. Other than making sure all intersections are manned there were no details provided.
Fireworks:They hope to bring them back this year.

It was an open and honest dialogue. The word family was used many times by the owners that were present and the Henry Ford recognized how much this event means to so many people. In the end, I walked away feeling good about the discussion and truly felt they want to make things right. I'm sure I missed some things so I will let others report and give their opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 09:48 pm:

Thanks for the information, Peter. This is great news .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 09:51 pm:

Thank you for the report!! If they get it worked out maybe next year? Any mention of restoring the Landsing to Dearborne run next year? Thank You!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs Dearborn, MI on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 10:34 pm:

That was actually the first question asked. The Henry Ford has reached out to the organizers (one of whom was there) to bring them back and would like to see them back this year. He stated that it could be considered and would be based on the outcome of how the discussion went. I did not get a chance to discuss with him after the meeting ended so all I can say is stay tuned...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 10:38 pm:

Free admission to go along with the apology? Sounds pretty sincere to me. My application is in!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 10:54 pm:

Veru goos news... Fkrever tbe optimist, but i certainly hope to be tbere again this year... car or not. I don't think my car technically qualifies, but what ta heck.... if they are desperate to hit their goal, it might be my best bet. ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 11:43 pm:

Peter, Thank you for the report. I does show that they are sincerely Interested in making the necessary changes to make this a great event for both us participants and THE again. It may be too late for it to be back to 100% for this year, but I for one will be back in 2018.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 02:17 am:

This does sound like wonderful news!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 10:04 am:

I'm happy to hear this information. I'm flying in from California to attend, because I had such a good time last year. I'm even staying at the Dearborn Inn!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Schrage -- Grosse Pte Farms, MI on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 10:19 am:

Glad to hear the THF listened and reacted to all the concerns. I just submitted my application.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration