T Tire Pump Handle Question.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: T Tire Pump Handle Question.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 11:46 pm:

Hi guys. I have a STEEL tubed, double script Ford tire pump. My question is....were the handles painted or left natural when new?

I understand that the steel tubed pump is a late one, as the earlier examples had brass tubes. It would stand to reason that as time went on Ford would have omitted the painting of the handle.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Charles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 08:39 am:

Well I have an original brass double tube pump, and all I can say is the handle is natural. I think that's how they were from day one. Not hundred percent positive though. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 09:57 am:

They were black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 12:38 am:

Thanks Tim and Larry.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration