96 y.o. lady's happy day

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 96 y.o. lady's happy day
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 07:07 pm:

So I took the '20 to town to pick up a little tire for our lawn aerator. As I often do, I traverse down to the "city dock" which is a huge parking lot on the bay, where "my old" excursion boat I used to run docks, plus others. Well, I'm sitting there talking to folks about the car per usual, alongside parks a car with a middle aged lady and a noticeably elderly lady. We get to talking, I discover she's 96 years old. I offer her a ride in my 97 year old gal, to which she couldn't get out of her friends car fast enough! (she needed help). In the car she goes, and off we go. She had an absolute blast. Rattled on and on. Quite a neat ol' gal, very sharp and witty. Turns out she was the secretary to the business manager of the school there in town that hired me longer ago than I care to remember! Small world. Sprinkled on me on the way home too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 07:27 pm:

Way to go Tim. I love stories like that.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 11:29 pm:

No funny hats and mustaches? A wonderful thing you did regardless.
Thanks for sharing a day-brightener.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 11:35 pm:

Tim,

I like your shirt as well. I have the same one! The Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA. I really enjoyed staying on her during our vacation back in '92.

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 12:01 am:

I had my 34 Dodge rumble seat coupe out to a seniors center where our club was having a showing for the seniors. A couple of residents, very elderly ladies, came by, looked at the rumble seat and then started to giggle. One said she remembered riding in there with her boy friend back in the day. It was a day she said she would never forget!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 01:06 am:

Wonderful! Making someone's day is part of the reason.
Nice Ford Tim!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 01:09 am:

I tell you, these things are Chick magnets. No wonder they were popular.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 06:53 am:

Willis that was one of the highlights of our CA vacation years ago. Ken that's really neat. She may have even blushed. I told my lady passenger she was my "cougar for a day". Boy did she love that! She actually knew what it meant! If the weather ever straightens out I have a 6 y.o. kid waiting for his ride..he sat in the '13 the other day while we at a winery. So much to do, so little time to do it! Thanks all for the comments.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 07:41 am:

Tim,

Nice thread ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 07:50 am:

That's awesome!

My wife's grandmother is 93....same age as my 24 Touring. She wants a ride in it as soon as I have it on the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John V. Dow on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 08:14 am:

My Uncle Ralph was born in '23 just like my Touring. He climbs right in without the need for assistance and always begins with the story of how he first drove a T when he was 13. I posted a photo of him in my T on Facebook with the caption "A pair of '23 models. One is a Scherman, the other is a Ford." 'Sorry it's upside down-can't fix it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 08:23 am:

here you go

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John V. Dow on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 10:31 am:

Thank you GR. I'd sure like to know how you "flipped" the photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 10:43 am:

I use a program called GIMP (Linux)and it told me the EXIF data showed it was rotated and wanted to know if I wanted it rotated I answered yes! easy peasy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John V. Dow on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 01:56 pm:

Thank you!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 02:51 pm:

Yup, Model Ts are great for pick n up the ladies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John V. Dow on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 05:49 pm:

They're real "Babe Magnets"--just make sure the babes are all over 80 years old.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 05:59 pm:

Tim, very cool that made her day I am sure. Car looks great. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 08:07 pm:

Thats a great story Tim... and thanks for spreading the fun..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 10:04 pm:

That is one of the nicest things we can do with our cars.
Good for you.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 12:17 am:

Great thread!
I've yet to be fortunate enough to find an older person to remind of younger days so I infect the younger if I can. :-)

G.R., if you see this, I never thought of using my GIMP!
Would you PM me with your OS please?
I've tried to re-post upset pics using mtPaint (Puppy Linux 528) and some don't want to be righted.
There are just a few Linux users here that I know of. Just a different (free) way of doing it all on a computer.

Sorry for the hi-jack Tim and all.
:-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration