Here's a little nostalgia from ten years ago

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Here's a little nostalgia from ten years ago
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 10:02 pm:

I'll bet a few of the newer members will enjoy this. I stumbled onto it while looking for something else. I'd forgotten all about it.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/21823.html?1167083671

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gale Bray on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 10:39 pm:

This was an interesting read and great pictures. I am reminded of my mother's family who farmed 3 sections of land in southeastern Kansas. The farm was established in 1879 by my great-grandfather and my grandfather who was just a boy. Through the years we used to visit the folks at the farm and my uncles would take me out on the tractors and motorcycles, and let me ride the horses all over. Two of my uncles loved old cars and motorcycles, and were always willing to talk about them with a niece who had the same interests. The last time I was at the farm['90s] , I brought home the old piano-box buggy they used until they got a T. Every few years they got a new car, but the T hung around until the past few years. Nobody can remember what happened to it, and I suspect it was relegated to the big trash heap in one of the pastures that housed many an old car, refrigerator, or broken farm equipment. Unfortunately, a cousin got the farm in its entirety, and he makes sure nobody sets foot on the place anymore, even family. I remember all the old tractors, cars, and antiques that were always a part of the farm, and an endless source of wonder. Thanks Uncles Paul and Dale for the endless hours you spent with me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 10:50 pm:

Wonderful thread and stories.
Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Martin on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 11:15 pm:

Fred S. I enjoyed Stan's and your stories.
Two comments that was mentioned..."Everyone should listen to the old men" and "Everyone needs to have an old man as a friend"
Regards Neil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 11:42 pm:

Such a great read....thanks for posting it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 10:14 am:

"I'll bet a few of the newer members will enjoy this."

Some of the older members are enjoying it as well. Thanks for the link.

It seems to me that Uncle Stan is about due to retire, sell his holdings in Montana, and move to Texas where he can play fiddle music all the time. Let someone else worry about restoring carburetors and have some fun for the duration.

Better do it soon, Unc, while you still can. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 10:43 am:

I remember in my last year of high school, my folks drove us to Lake Louise in Canada for a vacation. We drove through parts of Montana to get there, and I recall Model T's laying by the side of the road then. Probably not any more. That would be 1959.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 11:25 am:

I really enjoyed it as there was a post from Rolland P who has passed.I was lucky enough to have meet him twice and he was one great person!!!! Bud.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration