Trailer rentals

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Trailer rentals
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 04:40 pm:

Is there a place that rents enclosed trailers large enough to load your T in? I know you can rent open trailers from U Haul, but what about something like a 16' enclosed cargo trailer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 05:00 pm:

Want to go to Kalamazoo for one?

http://www.premiercustomtrailers.com/rentals

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Jorgensen, Batavia, IL on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 05:31 pm:

Check your local trailer dealer. Sometimes they also rent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 06:11 pm:

Wow, thanks for the link David! And I will check with my local trailer dealers as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 10:05 pm:

Type in "Cargo Trailer" in your local want ad site. Sometimes private owners rent them cheap. I hope you know what size you need. A folding windshield runabout will fit in a standard 7x12. Not sure about a Touring and don't forget to check for tie down rings of course.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 10:34 pm:

I don't know how much renting an enclosed trailer would cost, but You might want to consider buying a new or used one to haul your T home and sell it when you are done.

Good used enclosed trailers seem to hold their value somewhat and usually sell fast on Craigslist if they are a desirable size.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 11:13 am:

Looks like the car hauler to rent requires a 3/4 ton truck....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 11:21 am:

If you are looking on CL for one to rent, just place a small "wanted" ad on their as well and see if some private owner has one sitting on their yard doing nothing. For a couple hundred bucks, he might rent it out to you. Make sure you car insurance covers a towed trailer and it's contents and that your tow vehicle is rated to tow the weight. If something happends on the road, your insurance company is looking for a way out.

Also be aware that hauling an enclosed trailer is a target for thieves working the hotel circuit. For the same work as stealing one car, they can steal your personal car, the trailer and whatever is inside it. The thieves don't know if it's a 10k Model T or a 100k race car.

A question, not to hijack the thread, but, are all enclosed trailers capable of supporting a vehicle inside? I've been in many Boy Scout trailers that seems the flooring is just plywood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 05:34 pm:

Any trailer you could rent or buy from stock would probably have a standard door opening. This would not be high enough to put your car in with the top up, so just be aware of that shortfall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 09:13 pm:

Long time ago on this forum, there where two people that uses dock trucks. One rented from uhaul the other owned his own truck.

I recall the uhaul guy, screwed 2x4 wheel chocks the the wood floor, and if I recall screwed in pad eyes to the floor to strap the car down with.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration