'27 Fordor on ebay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: '27 Fordor on ebay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 08:19 am:

This looks like a bargain.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1927-Ford-Model-T-4-Door-Sedan-/222579672685?hash=item33 d2c8466d:g:XcwAAOSwTY9ZZqKb&vxp=mtr

Yes, I can see that it has an earlier rear end and that one front fender is higher than the other. But for $6K................

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 08:28 am:

It certainly looks like a 1924 or '25 to me. Nice!
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike mclean pefferlaw ontario canada on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 08:32 am:

its not a 27 more like a 24-25

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 08:46 am:

It looks more like a 1925 than a '27? Fenders, rear axle, cowl, radiator shroud, everything points to a pre improved Ford - and the 21" wheels suggests 1925.

I think the tank may have been flipped during restoration? Looks like the shut off is in a very hard to reach position between the exhaust and the drive shaft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 08:58 am:

Yes, it looks like a 24-25. If it's as good as it looks in the pictures, that's a very good price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 10:19 am:

Would you try to straighten out the Wisconsin title with a surety bond that says 26 or 27 (He uses both years in the description) or leave it as - is

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 11:09 am:

US cars have the gas shut off between the exhaust pipe and drive shaft. What's up the paint crazing on the dash and part of the steering wheel? Besides the wrong year on the bonded title, the only other thing that bothers me would be the sag in the front doors. For that price I would live with the sag! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 11:21 am:

Sag in the front door hinges may be a sign some rewooding is in order, and that's lots of work with a Fordor.

I think I was a little confused there about the gas shut off, Mark :-) (I must have flipped my own tank..)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 01:37 pm:

That dash needs some love too. Looks pitted and rough. I wonder why you do a nice restoration job and leave it in that condition?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 01:54 pm:

Looks like he just painted the wheels to make them look nice. Wires hanging from horn are frayed. What is with all the extra wires inside to the left of the driver-what are they for?

Why not include a battery if you are trying to sell a car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 02:00 pm:

Its a shame that it dont look healthy under that cosmetic beauty ... another words ... from far away looks awesome . At least thats the impression on most of us .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 02:05 pm:

G.R.Cheshire,
The buy-it-now seems crazy low. Definitely need to check on Wisconsin law about bonded titles since it's not legal to sell in some states until the (5-year) period is over. If I were to buy it, I would purchase it only on a notarized bill of sale and get the bonded title here in Louisiana where it is bonded only 3 years, not 5. I'd Compare Wisconsin and Florida laws.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 02:11 pm:

That body has a lot of wood in it. The doors may be metal framed if it is late enough. There are not obvious signs of bad wood but problems could be there. I pieced a '25 Tudor together from 3 bodies a few years ago. At least this would have fairly good patterns even if the wood did have problems. For someone who could do any required work it would probably be a good deal.
Also the upholstery would cost about $2K if it didn't have that kit in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Nebelsky on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 02:25 pm:

The dash almost looks like it was painted with that crackle spray paint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 02:29 pm:

The car is misdated. Looks no later than a 25. Unless it's a very late 25 that was carried over to 26 than sold as a 26.
There aren't'any 26 body parts on it.
If I wanted to buy it I let the title stay as it is.
Looks to be a good car. A lot of time and labor would be involved to build one plus the cost of parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 04:09 pm:

Can that be rust painted over on dash ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 06:08 pm:

The truck he is selling looks pretty neat, too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1921-Sterling-Flatbed-Stake-Truck-With-Rollbed-Trailer-/ 322583905812?hash=item4b1b7fc614:g:Xn0AAOSwbopZSvah

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 06:11 pm:

That truck is just plain cool! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 06:27 pm:

That truck is WAY cool! It looks hefty enough to haul anything you could pile onto it. The roller bed and trailer system is pretty neat too. How many of those do you reckon exist today? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 09:48 pm:

Plate is from 1940 - Wisconsin. Isnt the taillight on the wrong side?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kevin helinski on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 10:05 pm:

Dave, You would look good driving that truck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Husted on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 10:10 pm:

I would say it is an early 25. Mid year they changed the splash apron to a squared off style. The underside pictures show rust where there was movement, it appears they just painted over the
rust. The title they have is branded, it will stay
there for 5 years regardless of who owns it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 10:56 pm:

I love the truck. The price is nice. If only I had the time and space.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Friday, July 14, 2017 - 11:10 am:

Made in December of 1924, so a 25 model according to the serial number shown, it does look like the aluminum doors and upper back panel, these were discontinued in mid year 24 and changed to all steel so it may be a replacement engine.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, July 14, 2017 - 12:23 pm:

Well, it's sold apparently--anyone we know???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, July 14, 2017 - 09:10 pm:

I know the car needed some work, wiring and such. A few things like bad paint on the dash and steering wheel left questions of other quality? And a few unknowns (like the condition of the wood framing) to consider. But the buy-it-now was low enough, that anyone interested in a car that could likely be enjoyed for years with just a little on-going work would have been smart to just grab it. Especially if it was close by enough to go look at it.
I know that when I first saw the listing, I really wished I could have considered it. I could really use a five passenger antique. But I still can't afford to buy much of anything right now.
I hope it found a good home, and gives a lot of good use to a happy owner.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration