Exh.packnut wrench ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Exh.packnut wrench ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim williams Baldwinsville NY. on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 01:22 pm:

Hi.
I bought this wrench the other day and I was wondering if
It is original or just an older aftermarket wrench?
Thanks in advance JimExh.packnut wrench

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 01:29 pm:

5Z204 is the correct Ford part number for the exhaust nut wrench, so I would say you have an original there. Good buy! :-)

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim williams Baldwinsville NY. on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 04:47 pm:

Thanks Mark I just looked at the wrench that I already had
That I thought was a repop and who would have thunk it had
Ford script and 5Z204 so now I have to ask the question
Which one pulls rank on the otherExh. Pack nut wrench

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 04:53 pm:

I like the dark one better just for the aesthetics (assuming the white marker paint comes off without destroying the patina of the rest of the wrench). :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 05:23 pm:

If you paid under $36 you got a deal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Webb on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 07:01 pm:

The one on the left is an old original, the right one looks like a Ted repop from the 70s.

I have 5 originals all a little different, but 2 are like the left one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 08:59 pm:

The one you just bought is the early style, the flats support the nut on 4 sides. The later style just supported the nut on the two faces and was curved in between. (I payed $15 for mine, that was a steal! The seller knew what it was and that was his price)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, July 14, 2017 - 10:54 am:

I'm with Mark. I like the earlier style the best, because it fits the nut better. The one on the left is probably the late style, and note it appears to have been nickel plated, which is also correct.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration