OT Model A Ford eye brow fine\ders

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT Model A Ford eye brow fine\ders
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 04:31 pm:

Does some one have a picture of these fenders? I always thought that the design was detailed and look like a mustache . I had a 1930 A at one time that had such front fenders. Someone is selling an "eyebrow " front fender that only has a ridge around the front. I have a pair of rear Model A fenders that have the fancy design on the real lip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 09:05 pm:

google "fordbarn.com; eye brow fenders"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, July 14, 2017 - 02:27 am:

There used to be a very early 30 body style A tudor on display at the Mt. Shasta Inn, it was built in 1929 and other than an (awful) green all over paint job and white vinyl interior, seemed unrestored. it also had a 7 tooth steering sector gear, and the eybrow fenders. As I recall on those, the "eyebrow" was the side raided area continued around the front of the fender, meeting the "crease" that starts the inside apron of the fender. As I understand it, there were problems early on of the fenders cracking at the "eyebrow" stamped area. There may have been variations on this, as it was a very early, almost prototype feature.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis R on Friday, July 14, 2017 - 03:33 pm:

I had a pair of these many years ago, just as David describes. Got them dirt cheap as someone had "fixed" the cracks by using an arc welder. Got a lot of practice shrinking dents and hammer welding...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 04:45 pm:

We went to a Script Model A club show in Flushing,Mi today and i saw a pair on what i was told was a early 30.That is the first i have ever seen and if i had not read about them here i would have thought they were after market.About 60 miles each way and the wife's model A ran very good!Bud.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration