Old Photo - Smith And Enander, Rockford Ill. Speedster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Smith And Enander, Rockford Ill. Speedster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, July 14, 2017 - 11:30 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, July 14, 2017 - 03:40 pm:

I was just beginning to look at this picture when I went to do some little thing. When I came back in, Linda was looking at it and commenting to me about what a neat car it was and about the wheels. Poor girl. I think I have corrupted her.
It IS a neat car. I don't recognize the body manufacturer offhand. It looks much nicer than most one-offs or home builds. There were a lot of such cars built back in the day, both the well known as well as the unknown. Not many survived intact. But quite a few have had the remains found and "resurrected" back into nice cars again.
Those wheels are interesting to say the least. I wonder if there are wooden spokes behind those steel discs? I can't recall (at the moment) ever seeing a set of wood wheel covers with a bolt (screw, rivet?) for each spoke midway between the hub and felley. But they look good.

As a rolling advertisement, it seems to buck the era norm for racing cars and speedsters. Having a lot of writing of any kind on the car was unusual in the '20s. But this car has a bunch!

Maybe someone can identify the motorcycle just outside of the photo from its sidecar?
Great stuff! Thank you Jay!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration