Clincher tire tool?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Clincher tire tool?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim williams Baldwinsville NY. on Friday, July 14, 2017 - 06:03 pm:

Hi
I picked this tool up today it looks like it might be for clinchers
But I could be barking up the wrong tree so I know someone
On the forum will set me straight.
Pierce litning tire changer. Thanks Jim
Pierce litninng tire changer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, July 14, 2017 - 07:53 pm:

Nope, That's an apple peeler, Useless for model T's, You should just send it to me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David A. Siver.......De Smet, SD on Friday, July 14, 2017 - 10:51 pm:

It's a double boot jack for removing both boots at the same time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, July 14, 2017 - 11:53 pm:

Older post on that tire tool.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/418180.html?1390541361

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 11:39 am:

I've got a couple of gadgets in that category including a Marquette Tire Tool and yes, they're useful, but not any more so than a pair of short tire-irons and giant C-clamps. -When I was a little kid with a Schwinn, I learned how to peel tires off a rim and remount them without pinching the inner-tube. -

If an 75-pound kid with can fix a flat without a bunch of Buck-Rogers gadgets, so can anybody. -It ain't rocket science.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim williams Baldwinsville NY. on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 06:00 pm:

Yeah I learned with bike tires too and I think clinchers are an
Easy tire to change with just a couple of short irons .
But I had to buy this gizmo for a wall hanger not that it wouldn't
Work on a new tire if you had an extra gal. Of Ruglide around!
Thanks for all the info. Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration