U-joint removal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: U-joint removal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Friday, July 14, 2017 - 11:04 pm:

Ok... I got the pin out.... darn near fell out.... and I have the driveshaft out. Looks like the U-joint is kit a tad to big to go out the end of the drive shaft ball/U-joint housing. I think my spare is way better than the one That's in there. Is there a bit I'm missing, or shouldn'tbit be easy to just pull out, after the pin, and driveshaft has been oulled?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 12:05 am:

Easier to remove when still on the drive shaft as the circular halves of the u-joint stay concentric with the bell housing.

Now loose inside you will have to fittle both sides to aline with each other for a straight pull out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 08:52 am:

Lol.. great! The axle book doesn't say anything about it. Maybe mine is egged out enough, it won't fit any longer...

Thanks!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration