Model T roadster p/u 26/7 head light rim tool for removing /install

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T roadster p/u 26/7 head light rim tool for removing /install
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry .D .Best (NZ) on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 04:47 am:

Hi folks i have now set my head lights up after complete restoration.not long ago on the forum here someone came up with a home made tool to install and remove the headlight rim, could someone direct on to this please. I have tried to find it but couldn,t sorry. Cheers Gerry (NZ)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 07:10 am:

Steve Jelf made his own version as can be seen in this thread: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/534265.html?1431619332

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 07:16 am:

Here's instructions from a 1920 Ford Service Bulletin:

tyu

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry .D .Best (NZ) on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 07:28 am:

Hi Roger thank you so much for that ill make one in the morning and then finish the assembly Cheers Gerry (NZ)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 10:01 am:

Why do people make such a big deal on removing headlamp doors? I just push in with both hands, and turn counter clockwise. Of course, if your headlamp doors are all rusted on, then that may be another matter!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 10:02 am:

Hi Gerry.
I have a different method of removing the headlight door.
Instead of trying to rotate the door I rotate the headlight bucket. Once off the car, I place the headlight assembly face down on some insertion rubber sheeting on a table.I then push down on the bucket and rotate it anticlockwise. For me, you have a greater surface area to try to rotate while pushing down. Less chance of dropping the glass and other components. Obviously, the special toll also works well.
Alan in Western Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 01:17 pm:

Autozone replaces headlamp bulbs for people.
I wonder what would happen if you asked them to do it!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration