Bicycle odometer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Bicycle odometer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Seibert on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 10:28 pm:

Has anyone used a bicycle odometer on a model t if so how did you mount it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 10:38 pm:

Here is an earlier thread on them:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/759461.html?1496378277

I personally just lucked into a small Garmin GPS unit off of Ebay for $20 with all the accessories, so that is what I will be using. But as a bicyclist, I do understand and like some of the features those types of speedo's use also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 01:07 am:

Michael, in addition to Steve Jelf's method http://www.dauntlessgeezer.com/DG105.html I also came up with my own easier sensor mount inspired by Steve Jelf's version:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/764103.html?1498439804

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 08:18 am:

Search Google with mtfca whateveryourlookingfor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brad Marble on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 08:47 am:

are you asking about a bicycle speedometer/odometer combination or just an odometer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 09:16 am:

Why not consider the real thing? I just bought an original Stewart model C for the '13 for $75.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Lake Oswego, OR on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 09:37 am:

The bike speedo works great, cheap, easy to use. Fun to see all the data such cheap units can provide. GPS is far more capable but one thing a garmin can't do that the little bike speedo does is tell you the amazing amount of calories one burns by driving a model T.

That said. I have used a phone app called "map my ride" designed for cyclists. Provides a lot of interesting data (time, speed average and max with splits, elevation changes, distance, etc) and stores each "workout" for future reference, including a map of the route.

Funny how riding a bike is similar to driving the model T. Very limited horsepower and the slightest hill is very noticeable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Cassara Long Island, NY on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 10:03 am:

Nice part about the phone apps is they also provide navigation and bluetooth phone and music.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John V. Dow on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 10:15 am:

I use a GPS bicycle speedometer/odometer/elapsed time, etc.. It's small but readable, rechargeable, I mount it with velcro to my windshield, removable for security or switch it from car to car and of course wireless. It's a "BRYTON Rider". I purchased mine via Ebay for about $65. I love it!! 'works great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brad Marble on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 03:53 pm:

Michael asked for information on installing a bicycle speedometer on a Model T. Can't you people stick to the question and stop confusing the issue with useless comments. Brad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John V. Dow on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 06:19 pm:

'Sorry Brad. I thought my experience with a very simple solution to knowing one's speed in a vehicle which has no such device would be helpful to Michael.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 07:43 pm:

Yeah! Stick to the 20th Century technologies. :-)

Heck, even my rifle scope has GPS, Bluetooth and Wifi. No wires, easy to mount, sees in the dark.

By the way, the "Bryton Rider" IS a bicycle speedometer so it's on topic as far as I see it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 07:50 pm:

Larry - I sure would like to know who is selling Stewart model C kits for $75. I'll take 10 of them! I'm pretty sure you know they aren't ready to mount for that.

By the time it's restored and mounted, you'll be into it for around $600!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration