Reflector Spring Install?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Reflector Spring Install?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 12:55 am:

Hi, I have a reflector spring to install. I have found multiple MTFCA threads with diagrams http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?tpc=331880&post=541972

I have a new Langs reflector spring in the headlight bucket but when I try to put the reflector on, the notches do not quite line up with the reflector spring. What am I doing wrong?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 01:29 am:

Turn the spring. The spring tabs don't go in the notches in the reflector. The push the outer flange between the notches.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 03:54 am:

The repro springs are harder to make fit than originals (as so often with T parts..)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 12:41 am:

Not certain how you are going about this, the reflector spring fits in the groove in the headlight bucket. the reflector then fits over the spring, the "tips on the spring push against the reflector, and the notches in the reflector clear the headlight rim pins that hold the rim on. The spring keeps the reflector tight against the lens (with a small rope gasket between them).
The spring, even original ones, are a little tricky to get in the bucket, they kind of "snap" in.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration