Kr Wilson timing cover locator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Kr Wilson timing cover locator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland, Lambsburg Va on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 09:27 am:

Anyone know who is making these? Mine is no machined correct , the center hole is not concentric with outside diameter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 10:21 am:

Randall:
I don't know who manufactures those ,but I do build an aluminum centering gage that is concentric ...you may be able to re-machine that unit by installing a undersize bushing and indicating the outside diameter concentric then boring the bushing to correct the runout ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 10:26 am:

I assume that's the one available from the parts dealers for about $40. Another badly made reproduction? I think I'll make my own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland, Lambsburg Va on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

I should have steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 12:39 pm:

Bob Sherzer makes these, he also makes the KRW gap Gauge. His stuff is usually top notch. If you bought it through Lang's I'd suggest calling them. Even if you didn't buy it through them they can probably put you in touch with Bob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland, Lambsburg Va on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 01:40 pm:

Thanks Garry. It's been so long I can't honestly say which vendor I bought it from. I'll give Langs a call
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland, Lambsburg Va on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 01:42 pm:

Thanks Gene for the Info. I may have to do that

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 09:11 pm:

Randall, the centre hole in the tool is cast when the body is cast. The machining on the end you do not show is likely done in a lathe, with the casting held in place during two operations to give the diameter for the housing and then the hole size for the cam. It is hard to see how the hole could be eccentric in this scenario, unless the casting shifted during machining. Stranger things have happened.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration