Semi O T, "map my ride" app for T driving.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Semi O T, "map my ride" app for T driving.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Lake Oswego, OR on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 09:49 am:

Any cyclists out there? As mentioned in the bike speedo thread, I found a phone app (I use android) for cycling that has proven very interesting and fun to use for T driving. Stores all kinds of data for each "workout" including a route map, date, time, elevations, speed info, distance, Etc.

Also nice because it uses a device I already own, is free, and requires no modification to the car.

Anyone else use this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 09:54 am:

Well you didn't mention the app by name, but it does sound like the Ulysses Speedometer app that I use on my smartphone. Does all that stuff. Just wish it wouldn't suck down the battery so quickly. I think on a typical 80 mile run that we often do, it'd drain the battery completely down. So I only use it briefly to check my speed against the car's speedometer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 09:56 am:

I use a website called Map My Fitness to draw preliminary routes for car tours. Does the same stuff. I say "preliminary" because I still have to drive the route and correct the details that the website doesn't show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Lake Oswego, OR on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 11:47 am:

Tim, the name of the app is in the title.

It is the "map my ride" app.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 12:41 pm:

Oh, duuuhhh...there I go again with that reading disability I seem to have!! LOL :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Lake Oswego, OR on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 11:52 am:

One other side note I just discovered. The app compares your times to other riders who have done short segments of the route. Even the T should be able to beat most of those times, lol.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration