Good things in the mail

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Good things in the mail
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 11:34 am:

Yesterday at an auction, while waiting for them to peddle something I cared about, I read the newModel T Times which arrived Friday.

Between Mike Parker's 1927 TT and Tim Wrenn's 1912 commercial RP is some good reading, including a nice piece by Ted O'Dell about recovering a lamp post that stood outside the first Ford factory where Models A, B and C were made. Natalie is doing a nice job with the magazine.

The afternoon mail brought the parts I ordered from Birdhaven Thursday afternoon, so I had Tootsie Rolls for dessert last night.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 01:25 pm:

Hmm, too many sweets in one day, methinks!
So, did you get the thing you cared about??
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 01:46 pm:

I tout I taw a toody roll ....

I did ......

I did tee a toody roll .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 02:59 pm:

David, the answer is no. When it became obvious they wouldn't get to it until late in the day I bailed. There will be other auctions with other air tanks. A nice nap on the front porch swing was a better choice. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 03:26 pm:

Steve, could you please post a phone number of the model t times magazine, so that I could order a subscription. Thank you Wes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 03:47 pm:

Wes,

Complimentary subscription with MTFCI Membership

@ https://www.modelt.org/join-renew.html

Freighter Jim
MTFCA & MTFCI Member

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 05:16 pm:

A nice thing about being in both national clubs is that when they're on schedule you get a magazine every month.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 05:49 pm:

I know the hearts in both of those vehicles, and they sure sound sweet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 06:59 pm:

Steve,
sounds like a wise choice! Lotsa air tanks out there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 07:23 pm:

Steve, thanks for the post! Joe, you're right, ol' Pete does sound sweet! :-) Been putting lotsa miles on him this summer. Just did 57 or so last night alone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

When I attended the Homecoming 2 or 3 years ago, I rode with Tim in his '20 (I think) Runabout and with Mike in that truck on another day on tours. Both great guys; I had a wonderful time. I drove modern so needed a ride for the tours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 09:34 pm:

Well, Steve, you'd think that wouldn't you. I've actually had both magazines arrive on the same day a couple times.

I hope those tootsie rolls weren't some you found in the yard. :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 11:34 pm:

Bob, the dog drags in lots of stuff, but so far nothing I'd care to eat. Shawna sends them with every parts order.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 08:42 am:

FJ, Thanks for the link. Wes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 08:49 am:

From brute to cute, both awesome trucks !!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration