Fuel shut off valve replacement

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Fuel shut off valve replacement
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 08:14 am:

Hey Guys

My existing fuel shut off valve leaks and no longer turns without pliers. Bought a new valve, 90 degree that doesn't fit without removing carb.
I want to just put an in-line ball valve as a replacement. from the picture can you tell me what I would need in addition to the ball valve.
Thanks.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer --- Klaaswaal NL on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 08:42 am:

John ; Here are some pictures how I did it .
1099M
1100M
1102M
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 09:02 am:

Good thinking John and Anthony------I did not shut off mine EVERY time the T was used until one morning I came into the garage smelling gas----about four gallons was in a large catch pan with two inch sides under my T.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration