Check out the history of this 1923 Fordor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Check out the history of this 1923 Fordor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 05:06 pm:

I took a drive to Denny Newman's place today. He had called and said he was working on a original 1923 Fordor that had just about every available after-market accessory of the day on it. Even the flower vase had decades old flowers still in it. This was purchased new in 1923 by the current owners father. The car has been on the road its entire life. It's just neat to have documented proof since day one. It is still driven today... Note the car has heat both front and rear. The body is a mix of steel and aluminum. Truly a piece of history here. Also, all the windows have pull down shades. Just too cool !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 05:17 pm:

That's unreal. Awesome car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 05:39 pm:

Fantastic :-)
Any history about total mileage? Any broken cranks from the additional Frontenac power etc?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 05:41 pm:

Yup, that is a great and very special Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 06:39 pm:

Roger, the owner wasn't present to ask questions. I will ask Denny Newman if he knows the mechanical history and get back with you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 09:34 pm:

Don,What is that on the running board between the step plates?? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 11:51 pm:

A very cool running board light; very uncommon & just what I need for my future boattail speedster!
(except I can't afford them!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 12:02 am:

Somewhere between 1925 and 1938 it got that cool radiator shell and fenders. Very cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 12:08 am:

How wonderful! It appears that the 'Lincoln' radiator and shell must have been about 1938. Was that common or a rarity?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 08:27 am:

Appears to have v8 wheels at one point then back to original accessory wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 10:10 am:

Great fordor !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 10:59 am:

And they (the lights) are mounted correctly red for Port green for Starboard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 11:28 am:

Forgot to mention it has a 3 speed transmission and floor accelerator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 11:31 am:

They (running board lights) are in my concept drawing! OK, I put them on the aprons, sorry! I know, too expensive, but ya gotta dream!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 04:57 pm:

Well I asked Mr Newman if he had the mechanical history on this beast and he said.. "I ain't talkin to you Booth!!". His exact words...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration