Headlight resilver

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Headlight resilver
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel M. Chapasko on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 09:45 pm:

I UNDERSTAND THERE IS A NEW WAY TO RESILVER HEADLIGHTS. IT IS FOR REPAIRING OLD HEADLIGHTS
AND CAN BE DONE AT HOME. I UNDERSTAND IT IS AN EFFECTIVE WAY TO FIX OLD HEADLIGHTS. HAS ANYONE USED THIS PRODUCT ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 10:01 pm:

Nope, but I bought the new replacements from Langs. Not the chrome ones, they have new ones with higher reflectivity and the right parabola. They work great. Very pleased and not very expensive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Jensen on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 10:09 pm:

New vacuum metalized aluminum reflectors.

http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/headlight-reflectors

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 11:05 pm:

Thats what I bought from Langs. Excellent product.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 07:10 am:

I used Uvira to re-plate my reflectors. More info here in this past thread:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/629146.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel M. Chapasko on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 07:39 am:

UVIRA Inc.
310 Pleasant Valley Road
Merlin, Oregon

541-474-5050

I guess it is better than $300.00 RE-RESILVER

Better than Chrome and Plastic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 11:20 am:

Yes, better than silver because it doesn't tarnish, and keeps its reflectivity up. MUCH better than (illegal) Chrome, which is only about 60% reflectivity, and plastic, which is flash chromed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 01:23 pm:

I bought the chrome ones from Lang's. I'm sure that there are reflectors that are better, but I view the headlights as marker lights - I'm not driving a poorly-lit 35 mph car on the 50 mph flat Florida roads at night anyhoo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 03:34 pm:

John, if you talk to Uvira they can actually spray that reflective aluminized finish on the chrome re-pop reflectors. Talk to Bob Atwood. He's owner and can answer you questions. Its to very inexpensive to have that process done and have reflectors that actually work well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 09:49 pm:

AND, in many states it is still Illegal to have chrome headlight reflectors. I doubt that anyone is enforcing that law, but there was a reason for it "Back in the Day." Chrome is a lousy reflector surface.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration