Dash lamp wiring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Dash lamp wiring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 09:38 am:

What is the correct way to wire the accessory dash lamp on a 22-25 car? I presume it attaches to one of the screws on the back of the dash plate. The one I have has an on/off lever-- think it is an original Ford missing the cover.

Also, that being said, is it possible to attach it to one of the contacts on the terminal block and accomplish the same thing. I am going to have to extend the wire on the one I have since it was cut, and I really hate to remove the dash plate and frig with the tiny nuts and WASHERS if I can avoid it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 09:55 am:

I've seen them wired directly to the ammeter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 10:36 am:

Do what Steve says! The wire off the back of your dash light can't go very far anyhow!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 10:50 am:

I can make it as long or short as I need, the lamp has had the wire cut off SHORT, I'm going to have to splice to even reach the instrument panel. If I go to the ammeter, does it make any difference which side. The car is wired as per Coilman's excellent diagram-which doen't include the lamp.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration