Wireing on a 21 ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Wireing on a 21 ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 10:15 am:

I cant seem to wire things so the key switch will give power to the coils,the head lite portion works fine,hi&low&tail work as they should,solid red wire to mag post but engine not started yet.no life in the blue|yellow tracer.witch wire needs to be hot when the key is turned the battery,this t is new to me,its been looked over and is ready to go except the wireing.I can jump from pos battery to coils turn engine and they all sound off.I can fire it up in this way BUT!I would like to find whats not hooked up correct.Ive looked over the wireing diagrams till i'm blue in the face,tried 2or3 and no luck.one shows yellow tracer one place in another plan its in another.is there a correct diagram large enough to be helpfull?my 80 year old eyes are not bad but some diagrams are very small in the books.thank you very much for the help GREG.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 10:34 am:

The Ford diagrams are terrible. Get one of the ones available from Langs. Also, good ones are posted on the forum occasionally.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 10:40 am:

Since you have a '21, try this one. You can blow up the view on the screen by holding down the CTRL key and scrolling with the thumbwheel on your mouse. :-)

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 11:46 am:

... and return to normal viewing after with CTRL-0 (that's zero)

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 12:45 pm:

thank you Garnet--Larry--Mark,the diagram posted IS a bit different,in that on the terminal block it shows the red wire in a different place than the others do,also, the terminals on the back of the key switch seem to be different than the one on my t, I will remove the switch assy this after noon and compare.but so far I still have no idea what wire feeds the battery side of the key switch.for starting the engine, then switch to mag for running.I will give Steve a jingle and get there diagram. that's where the wires came from. thanks again.GREG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 01:06 pm:

It has been my experience that there is no ground wire on any switch that I have worked on !!!!
Don't be surprised if there is none. JMHO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 01:47 pm:

Richard,

It's the yellow wire through the ammeter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 10:12 pm:

I may be closer to not solving my wireing problem,rob wolf posted a wireing situation in 2008 on tuesday, grrrrrrrrr, that switch is the same as in my ford.the wires are not at all like the the one in the diagram that Mark posted for me. I'm going to call Steve at Langs and get there diagram. thank you all for your good help.Greg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 10:29 pm:

The wiring diagrams at Texas T Parts are really good.

I used theirs to completely rewire my 24 Touring. It's flawless now.

http://www.texastparts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TTP&Category_ Code=z

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 11:23 pm:

I believe this one is correct.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration