Lower radiator mounting thimble

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Lower radiator mounting thimble
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By arnie johansen on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 05:37 pm:

I have a lower radiator mounting thimble (perhaps original???)that looks like it was a deep draw part. It was installed in an improved 1926/1927 roadster. In other words is does not have "lines" in the vertical portion or in the flange portion of the part. I have looked in some Ford parts books and have seen "lines" in the lower flange of the lower mounting thimble. Current reproductions I have seen have "Lines" in both the vertical part and the flange.

My question is, did Ford ever use "deep draw" lower radiator mounting thimbles in production?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration