OCF acceptance

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OCF acceptance
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 02:57 pm:

Received my acceptance email for the OCF. Below is a bit of what they sent...

Your experience will include this and more:

Participant Mixer Friday Night (details coming soon!)
Admissions for yourself and 3 guests
Secure parking (daily and overnight, including self-contained RV & camping)
Historically-inspired street food
Car talks with passionate car owners, automotive historians and experts
Live music and dancing
Pass-in-Review parades
Special demonstrations
Awards showcasing the best restored and unrestored cars, including Popular Choice
Model T assembly team
Saturday evening Gaslight Parade of Cars, with kerosene and early electric lamps, capped with a Dixieland-style parade and fireworks

Wohoo, looking forward to it.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

John, I'll see you there. Look for a black Ford touring car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 08:11 am:

Tom, There might be a few there...ha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 07:49 am:

Well we'll. I'm looking forward to see who will show up. I'll bet a bunch who slammed the off for weeks will now be there to pound their chest and take credit for forcing their will on the Ford group. Instead of sending your complaints directly to Ford y'all had to vent on the forum and social media. I'd have black listed y'all. Heck there a few people blasting the ocf who dont even own a model t. You all know who the hat was. Thanks to the mgmnt at Ford for putting this together and hope to see y'all there. Great event.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 12:36 pm:

Please. Do you honestly believe the management would be making these concessions if nobody had boycotted the MM? You should probably be thanking the very ones you are badmouthing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 01:02 pm:

Hal,

Some folks disregard fact for emotion.

They overlook the repeated attempts made by many past participants since the beginning of the year to directly address changes to the OCF by THF in direct written form and social media that were not even acknowledged - let alone addressed.

It was the dismal attendance at this years' Motor Muster that effected change - anyone that cares to dispute that fact can go write a book of fiction .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 01:57 pm:

Pert much the way I see it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 06:44 pm:

Well said Freighter Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 07:24 pm:

Gee, I was one of those who forgave them early on. How come I haven't been accepted yet? :-) Maybe because my last name starts with W. I was always last unless there was a kid in the class named Zephrum Zypek.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 07:55 pm:

Yes, social media can have a very strong influence!
Amen to that!

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 09:44 pm:

FJ,

"...that were not even acknowledged"

That's not true. Our chapter, and many others wrote letters and, to my knowledge, we all received a written response from THF.

"It was the dismal attendance at this years' Motor Muster that effected change - anyone that cares to dispute that fact can go write a book of fiction"

Well of course it was. I see no significance as to how they discovered that they made a mistake, only that they did and they're trying to correct it.

You know, in an earlier posting, I asked anyone who cared to, to send me a message about their suggestions for how to fix this, and what it would take to encourage you to come back. I have received zero messages suggesting a solution, but have seen lots of folks who have constantly restated the problem. Not sure how that adds to the conversation... Anyway FJ, looks like you won't be attending Old Car Festival... but then I guess you never have and never intended to anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 10:54 am:

Got my acceptance email today. Thank you THF team. I hope to see many of you there. Say hi. I'll be driving a black Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 11:30 am:

My wife's '31 just made the cut as of 9:44 AM. We'll both be there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Trzcinski on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 10:28 pm:

That registration form was the most screwed up thing I ever filled out. Had to know our whole life story. Then there was no place to add our second car. They run this museum like Henry Ford ran Ford Motor Company, like a bunch of arrogant jack offs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 11:05 pm:

Just got back from a perfect vacation, using the T for our daily driver for a week, ... and after having need 'down all summer for repairs and trailer building.

Found a very much unexpected acceptance letter dwaiting in the pile of mail! Whoot! Whoot! They must be desperate, but I'm tickled pink!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 09:10 am:

Michael, I agree the personal questions were a bit much. Just remember when they come to your house, make sure the house is clean, don't have any alcohol on display and for heavens sake, don't have any boarders living there. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration