27 fordor $???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 27 fordor $???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

Had a guy leave a note on my door today with a phone number and it said T parts for sale. Of course I called him. He has a 27 4 door body with no rust out anywhere. All sheet metal except splash oprons. Seat frames and springs included. No dents or holes in metal. Dash,very nice hood . No wood. I have not seen this stuff yet. Meeting with him this weekend. My question is whats it worth? He spent a couple years collecting this stuff for a hotrod project with his buddy. His health is failing and wants it go where it can be used. I have heard that the 4 dr is a lot more work and expense. No drivetrain. Just a rolling chassis. He says nothing has been cut. Anything I should look for? Experts fill me in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 09:04 pm:

Body? Rolling chassis?
Better take a look at it.
I have seen ads for bodies that turned out to be 100 percent complete cars, they just didn't run
If it's a rolling chassis it must have a rear end and front suspension.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 09:15 pm:

"No Wood" concerns me. The Fordors are a wood body, with sheet metal tacked on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 09:33 pm:

Did the 27 4dr have structural wood other than the roof?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 10:11 pm:

Yes, the entire structure is wood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Grabowski on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 10:28 pm:

This is from Ford wood

http:/

/www.fordwood.com/fordors.htm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration